Leonardtown, MD NFA Class 3
Accurate Guns And Ammo, LLC
Class 3 procedure:
- Decide which item you want. If the item is not in stock, then we will order the item in. This could take 1 to 3 months depending on availability. You can also transfer an item in. The fee would be $100.00 plus MD sales tax on the item you purchase.
- Decide if you are using a Trust to register or are registering as an individual.
- Pay for the item in full. (special order or in stock)
- When the item arrives we will give you the initial paperwork you need to complete.
- (Individual)You will need to go to a Livescan* facility and have your fingerprints electronically taken and also have them ink printed onto two ATF blue fingerprint cards.
- You will need to have two 2” x 2” current passport style photos taken to put with your paperwork.
- You will then take (in duplicate) your unsigned /undated paperwork and Livescan receipt to the:
MDSP Firearms Registration Section 1111 Reisterstown Road Pikesville, MD 21208
POC Trooper Edwards 1-410-653-4508.
- There they will have you sign and date both form 4’s and you will leave them with the MDSP to process a CJIS background check.
- Once the MDSP completes their CJIS background check (could take up to 45 days) they will mail back to you the signed off forms. You will then bring the forms back in to us and we will finish the forms and you will complete a USA citizenship form. You will need a check in the amount of $200 for the tax fee made payable to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- For a trust we will need a complete copy of the trust.
- Once all the paperwork is completed we will mail it certified to the ATF. Then the real wait begins. 8-10 months!
- When the paperwork comes back you will then complete a BATF form 4473 and you can pick up your item.
- Remember Patience Patience Patience! Start the process now the longer you wait the longer you will wait!
*Charles County Sheriff’s Office does fingerprinting (ink and Livescan) on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only. Call 240-299-0546 to schedule. Address is 1110 Mall Circle Waldorf, MD 20603 (in the Mall by Dick’s)
The DMV also has Livescan facilities check their website for further info.
St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s office does fingerprinting (ink and Livescan) on Tuesdays 9am to 3pm call 301-475-4200 x1970 to schedule an appointment. The Leonardtown Barracks of the MDSP also do ink fingerprinting. Contact them for more information!