Firearm Transfer Information FAQ
MD Regulated transfers (handguns and assault weapons): $100.00
Handguns must be listed, exactly as to the model, on the MDSP Handgun roster. Click Here
MD Law requires that a handgun must be transferred with an internal chamber lock, not a cable lock, if it was manufactured after December 31, 2002. You can provide your own or we sell them $20.00 omega lock or $30.00 for a keyed bore lock.
Maryland Code 34th Edition Section 5-132. Handgun safety devices.
(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Authorized user” means the owner of a handgun or a person authorized by the owner to possess and use the handgun.
(3) “External safety lock” means an external device that is:
(i) attached to a handgun with a key or combination lock; and
(ii) designed to prevent a handgun from being discharged unless the device has been deactivated.
(4) “Handgun” does not include a signal, starter, or blank pistol.
(5) “Handgun Roster Board” means the Handgun Roster Board established under § 5-404 of this title.
(6) “Integrated mechanical safety device” means a disabling or locking device that is:
(i) built into a handgun; and
(ii) designed to prevent the handgun from being discharged unless the device has been deactivated.
(7) “Personalized handgun” means a handgun manufactured with incorporated design technology that:
(i) allows the handgun to be fired only by the authorized user; and
(ii) prevents any of the safety characteristics of the handgun from being readily deactivated.
(b) Scope of section. This section does not apply to:
(1) the purchase, sale, or transportation of a handgun to or by a federally licensed gun dealer or manufacturer that
provides or services a handgun for:
(i) personnel of any unit of the federal government;
(ii) members of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard;
(iii) law enforcement personnel of the State or any local law enforcement agency in the State while acting within the scope of their official duties; and
(iv) an organization that is required by federal law governing its specific business or activity to maintain handguns and applicable ammunition;
(2) a firearm modified to be permanently inoperative;
(3) the sale or transfer of a handgun by a federally licensed gun dealer or manufacturer covered under item (1) of this subsection;
(4) the sale or transfer of a handgun by a federally licensed gun dealer or manufacturer to a lawful customer outside the State; or
(5) an antique firearm.
(c) Restriction on sale, rent, or transfer of handguns.
(1) A dealer….
(2) On or after January 1, 2003, a dealer may not sell, offer for sale, rent, or transfer in the State a handgun manufactured on or after January 1, 2003, unless the handgun has an integrated mechanical safety device.
Long gun transfers: $50.00
Gun must be sold with a trigger or cable lock. Federal law requires all guns to be sold with a lock.
Need your gun transferred from another state? Call Accurate Guns And Ammo, LLC at 301-475-1778 or stop in our store at 28650 Point Lookout Road (in Loveville) today.